Monday, April 29, 2013

BUT... I do it anyway (Romans 7:18 -20)


And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right,
BUT… I can’t.
I want to do what is good,
BUT… I don’t.
 I don’t want to do what is wrong,
BUT I do it anyway.
 But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.  I love God’s law with all my heart.  But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
Romans 7:18 -20 (NLT)
My husband and I started the year off with the Daniel Fast and then continued with a healthy eating and exercise program for weight loss. These verses became more real to me the last couple of weeks as I know what to eat to take care of my body BUT I can’t, I want to do good BUT I don’t. This may not be very spiritual BUT maybe you are fighting the flesh too remember the answer is Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment