Sunday, November 17, 2013

Every part of the body is important (1 Corinthians 14:15-18)



For the body does not consist of one part
 BUT of many.
If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. ...
If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? 
BUT as it is, 
God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as He chose. 
1 Corinthians 14,15,17,18

Take a moment to really "get" this verse. First if you get confused on how God, the Son and the Spirit can be 3 separate beings and still be One this verse explains. Just like my hand is my hand and my foot is my foot they are still One body. 
Next this verse expresses how important each one of us is to each other. Every person God has created is part of the body of Christ. No one part is more important then the other. Maybe today you are feeling like a big toe. Well imagine life with out the big toe.
You lose your balance! Everyone of us is important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment