Wednesday, January 1, 2014

BUT Jesus, only Jesus (Mark 9:7-8)

Just then a light-radiant cloud enveloped them, and from deep in the cloud, a voice: "This is my Son, marked by my love. Listen to him."Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"The next minute the disciples were looking around, rubbing their eyes, seeing nothing
BUT...
 Jesus, only Jesus.
Mark 9:7-8 msg
I can't help BUT think of this verse when I think of everyone anxiously waiting for the New Year. Everyone is looking up and waiting for the count down. Imagine what it was like for Jesus' 3 closest disciplines as they watched Him ascend into heaven.
 I love the last 6 words." Seeing nothing BUT Jesus, only Jesus!
Let's keep our eyes on the heavens this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment