Tuesday, December 1, 2015

But the Angel said (Luke 1:30)


AS we begin the count down to what we celebrate as Christmas day I am not surprised to find that even in the Bible the Story starts with a BIG BUT!
BUT the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. Luke 1:30
  Does God have big plans for you this next year? Are you questioning God like Mary did?
"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" Luke 1:34
That’s okay just sit back and listen to the Angel’s answer. He has great plans for you.
 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month.  For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:35-37
Most importantly will you answer as Mary did?
 "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her. Luke 38

It takes a servant and willing heart – What if Mary had said no way God – I can’t do this. What will people think? They’ll talk about me- You don’t know my story…. I could go on and on with the excuses. Ultimately the decision is yours. Do you want the GREAT PLANS He has for you? This Christmas say Yes Lord. No BUTS allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment