Saturday, May 4, 2013

BUT...now we have been released (Romans 7:5-6)


When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death.
BUT
 now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law,
BUT
 in the new way of living in the Spirit.

Romans 7:5-6 (NLT),
The middle letter of sin is “I” that is the best way for me to remember what sin is all about. When I put more emphasis on myself and less on God or others I sin. When we die to “I” we are free to live freely and not worry about the laws because they are naturally taken care of by the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment