Saturday, January 9, 2016

BUT keep my commands (Proverbs 3:1-3)

My son, do not forget my teaching,

    
 BUT keep my commands in your heart,

for they will prolong your life many years

    and bring you peace and prosperity.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you;

    bind them around your neck,
    write them on the tablet of your heart.
Proverbs 3:1-3



Were you like me and when you read this verse? You thought, oh now which commands do I need to keep? There we go again, looking for a set of rules to follow to earn something. 
BUT if we look at how the passage continues we see it's all about love and faithfulness. 

This verse reminds us to seek God first. 
Isn't that where peace comes from. And once we are at peace aren't we content with what we have thus there is our prosperity. 
Sometimes we just make life too complicated. 
Today imagine you are placing a beautiful necklace around your neck a necklace that symbolizes love and faithfulness. 
God loves you and is forever faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment