Tuesday, January 5, 2016

BUT you must rule over it. (Genesis 4:7)

 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? 
BUT if you do not do what is right, 
sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, BUT you must rule over it.
Genesis 4:7
As my children were growing up and especially when they hit the teenage years I would simply tell them to "Do right" when they left the house.
 By this time in life I prayed I had given them enough guidance. 
There was no list of rules that I could give them 
because human nature would lead them to find one I hadn't mentioned. 
This verse captures that concept beautifully. 
As we go into this new year I challenge us to "Do right" 
The enemy desires to have you.
 BUT you must RULE over it.  
Remember "Doing Right" is not a list of rules you impress on others 
BUT what you know in your heart to be true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment